Progress Reports and Tools
Check this page from time to time to keep up with progress and to access tools, resources, and recommended best practices that arise from the program The documents below are available in PDF format.
- The NCCCP Factsheet (PDF - 154KB) provides key points on the NCCCP and contact information for participating hospitals.
- The Year Three Summary Report (PDF - 335KB) is a summary of the program's accomplishments during its third year as a pilot program (2009-2010).
- The Year Two Summary Report (PDF - 192KB) is a summary of the program’s accomplishments during its second year as a pilot program (2008-2009).
- The Year One Summary Report (PDF - 82KB) is a summary of the program’s accomplishments during its first year as a pilot program (2007-2008).
- The Disparities Vision, Overview, and Dashboard (PDF - 233KB) sets out guidelines for ensuring that all aspects of the program are involved in overcoming healthcare disparities, which is a major goal of the NCCCP. The document specifies metrics metrics for ensuring that disparities issues are addressed in clinical trials, biospecimens, information technology, quality of care, and survivorship. The document also outlines focused efforts around screening, community outreach, navigation, and tracking race and ethnicity.
- The Breast Screening Tracking Tool (PDF - 248KB) is being tested as an effective mechanism for monitoring the lag time between initial screening, diagnosis and care, and recruitment for clinical trials, particularly for the underserved.
- The NCCCP Template for Community Outreach (PDF - 24KB) provides an overview on how to plan, implement, and evaluate focused community outreach efforts to target specific cancer healthcare disparities.
Quality of Care
- The Multidisciplinary Care Assessment Tool (PDF - 250KB) defines an MDC model for cancer care in the community and describes case planning, physician engagement, coordination of care, infrastructure, and financial considerations.
- A uniform Chemotherapy Consent Form (PDF - 238KB) template was developed for modification for individual institution’s use.
- The Genetic Counseling Assessment Tool (PDF - 241KB) defines the minimal Genetic Counseling Service requirements to guide improvements.
Survivorship and Palliative Care
- NCCCP Cancer Psychosocial Matrix Assessment Tool – The Psychosocial Matrix (PDF - 245KB) is designed for community cancer programs to use as a self-assessment tool in evaluating and improving their psychosocial care services. Provides guidance for ensuring the psychosocial needs of cancer patients are met. Psychosocial health services are those psychological and social services that enable cancer survivors, their families, and health care providers to optimize biomedical health care and to manage the psychological/behavioral and social aspects of cancer and its consequences so as to promote better health. Multidimensional culturally informed psychosocial health needs screening to include: Emotional/Mental Health Needs (i.e., anxiety, depression, coping, sexuality); Practical Problems (i.e., concrete needs and illness-related concerns - financial, transportation, housing); Social Problems (i.e., lack of social support/resources, vocational impact, insurance); and Support Needs (i.e., personal, social, medical, spiritual).
- NCCCP Cancer Palliative Care Matrix Assessment Tool - The Palliative Care Matrix (PDF - 59KB) is designed for community cancer programs to use as a self-assessment tool in evaluating and improving their palliative care services. Palliative care programs in some health care settings may utilize "supportive care" or "symptom management" in their titles.
- The Breast Treatment Summary Tool (PDF - 76KB) was built upon ASCO’s treatment summary forms and includes Institute of Medicine recommendations. It includes detailed information on treatments received and healthcare provider information.
- The Breast Cancer Survivorship Care Plan (PDF - 278KB) includes guidelines for surveillance, as well as a list of risk factors for potential long-term and late effects of therapy, and approaches to monitor and address these possible problems.
- NCCCP Clinical Trials Screening and Accrual Log (PDF 254KB) - The Clinical Trials Screening and Accrual Log was designed to track patients screened and enrolled on clinical trials the NCCCP "endorsed" to participate in and it includes capturing race and ethnicity data. Most importantly, sites enter data for all the reasons why patients do not go on trials to elucidate barriers so strategies can be developed to improve clinical trial accrual.
- The Biospecimen Gap and Fill Assessment Tool (GAFAT) (PDF -145KB) assess and report progress on what is needed to implement the NCI’s Best Practices for Biospecimen Resources.
- The Physicians Conditions of Participation (PDF - 260KB) for NCCCP Cancer Centers offers recommendations which support the goals of an NCCCP program for areas including participation in clinical trials, quality of care, board certification, and acceptance of uninsured patients.
- The NCCCP Physician Director Role (PDF – 251KB) outlines recommendations for minimum requirements needed for a community cancer physician director.