Physicians and researchers from the National Cancer Institute and the NCCCP cancer centers have authored several reports and articles about the NCCCP and cancer care in the community.
Selected publications are noted below.
- Forsythe, L., Rowland, J., Padgett, L., et al. "The Cancer Psychosocial Care Matrix: A Community-derived Evaluative Tool for Designing Quality Psychosocial Cancer Care Delivery" Psycho-Oncology, March 2013
- Swanson, J., Strusowski, P., Mack, N., et al. "Growing a Navigation Program: Using the NCCCP Navigation Assessment Tool" Oncology Issues 27(4):36-45, July 2012
- Friedman, D.B., Johnson, K.M., Owens, O.L., et al. "Developing Partnerships and Recruiting Dyads for a Prostate Cancer Informed Decision Making Program: Lessons Learned from a Community-Academic-Clinical Team" Journal of Cancer Education 27(2):243-9, June 2012
- O'Brien, D.M., Bright, M.A., Clauser, S.B., et al. The NCCCP: A Model for Reducing Cancer Healthcare Disparities - NCCCP poster at ASCO Annual Meeting (June 2012)
- NCCCP Pilot Monograph. Association of Community Cancer Centers (March 2012)
- Berger, Mitchell, Jeff Christinson, Lucy Gansauer, Maria Gonzalez, Rosanna Lapham, Judy Miller, and Sarah Porter-Osen. "NCCCP Biospecimen Initiatives: Bringing Research Advances to the Community Setting." Oncology Issues (November/December 2011): 32-44.
- Albury, Beverly, Nancy Harris, and Joshua Mann. ";Technology Expansion in Support of Community Cancer Care: The NCCCP IT Experience". Oncology Issues (September/October 2011): 44-53.
- Hood, Deb, Nora Katurakes, Jay K. Harness, Holly Johnson, Devon Latney , and Rachel Oelmann. ";Disparities at NCCCP Sites". Oncology Issues (July/August 2011): 32-38.
- Katurakes, Nora, Deb Hood, Mitchell Berger, Donna Costa, Renea Duffin, Delisa Simon-Dawkins. ";How NCCCP Outreach Efforts Help Reduce Cancer Disparities." Oncology Issues (July/August 2011): 40-45.
- Swanson, Jay R., Thomas Asfeldt, Carolyn Kalaskie, Patricia Strusowski, Eileen Van Pelt, Rachel Oelmann, Dawn Parsons, Maria Gonzalez, Mitchell Berger. ";How the NCCCP is Using Patient Navigation to Help Reduce Cancer Disparities." Oncology Issues (July/August 2011): 46-52.
- Karyl Blaseg, Karyl, Kile, Marilyn; Salner, Andrew "A Comprehensive Approach to a Survivorship Care Plan" Oncology Issues (May/June 2011)
- Gonzalez, Maria, et al. ";Using an Online Tool to Understand and Improve Clinical Trial Accruals." Oncology Issues (March/April 2011): 50-55.
- Grubbs, Stephen, et al. ";Developing the NCCCP Trials Portfolio." Oncology Issues (March/April 2011): 56-58.
- Gonzalez, Maria, et al. ";Using a Minority Matrix and Patient Navigation to Improve Accrual to Clinical Trials." Oncology Issues (March/April 2011): 59-60.
- Berger, Mitchell, et al. ";Developing the RECIST Criteria Toolkit: NCCCP sites use this tool to improve compliance." Oncology Issues (March/April 2011): 62-64.
- Johnson, Maureen R., Steven B. Clauser, Donna M. O’Brien, Joy M. Beveridge, and Arnold D. Kaluzny. ";Improving Cancer Care & Expanding Research in Community Hospitals: Lessons from the National Cancer Institute Community Cancer Centers Program." Oncology Issues (January/February 2011): 26-28.
- Zaren, H.A. ";Conditions of Participation: Developing Effective Partnerships." Oncology Issues (January/February 2011): 29-32.
- Swanson, Patricia L., et al. ";Expanding Multidisciplinary Care in Community Cancer Centers: An MDC Assessment Tool Developed by the NCCCP." Oncology Issues (January/February 2011): 33-37.
- Swanson, Jay, and Lisa Koch. ";The Role of the Oncology Nurse Navigator in Distress Management of Oncology Inpatients, A Retrospective Study." Nursing Oncology Forum 37.1 (2010): 69-76. .
- Fennell, Mary L., et al. ";The Organization of Multidisciplinary Care Teams: Modeling Internal and External Influences on Cancer Care Quality." Journal of the National Cancer Institute Monograph. 40 (2010): 72-80.
- Bradley, Cathy J., Lynne Penberthy, Kelly J. Devers, and Debra J. Holden. ";Health Services Research and Data Linkages: Issues, Methods, and Directions for the Future."Health Services Research. 45 (2010): 1468-1488.
- Clauser, Steven B., et al. ";Improving Clinical Research and Cancer Care Delivery in Community Settings: Evaluating the NCI Community Cancer Centers Program." Implementation Science 4 .63 (2009).
- Siegel, Robert D., Steven B. Clauser, and Jean M. Lynn. A National Collaborative to Improve Oncology Practice: The NCI Community Cancer Centers Program QOPI Experience." Journal of Oncology Practice, 5.6 (November 2009): 276-281. .
- Ambinder Edward P., et. al. ";Clinical Oncology Requirements for the EHR (CORE): A Collaborative Project of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the National Cancer Institute," A Collaborative Project of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the National Cancer Institute, (October 6, 2009).
- Krasna, Mark J., Nicholas Petrelli, and Andrew Salner. "Multidisciplinary Cancer Care: A New Model for Community Cancer Centers. Part 1." Journal of Multidisciplinary Cancer Care 1.4 (July/August 2009).
- Krasna, Mark J., Nicholas Petrelli, and Andrew Salner. "Multidisciplinary Care: A New Model for Community Cancer Centers. Part 2." Journal of Multidisciplinary Cancer Care 1.5 (September/October 2009).
- Johnson, Maureen R., Steven B. Clauser, Joy M. Beveridge, and Donna M. O'Brien. Translating Scientific Advances into the Community Setting: The National Cancer Institute Community Cancer Centers Program Pilot." Oncology Issues. May/June, 2009.
- Blaseg, Karyl. ";Patient Navigation at Billings Clinic: An NCI Community Cancer Centers Program (NCCCP) Pilot Site", ACCC's Cancer Care Patient Navigation: A Call to Action. (2009): s15-s24.
- Krasna, Mark J. ";Multidisciplinary Cancer Clinics: A vision for Optimal Cancer Care." Oncology Business Review. January, 2009. (Page 12)
- Wilkinson, K. ";Cutting Edge Yet Close to Home: Cancer Research in the Community." ONS Connect, December 2008.
- Petrelli N. ";I’m in a New York state of mind." Annals of Surgical Oncology. vol.15 (8): 2069-2077, 2008.
- Greene, FL. ";Editorial: A Presidential Blueprint for Success and Change." Annals of Surgical Oncology. vol. 15(9): 2355-2356, 2008.